You Can Join BLACKGUARDS! Yes, You!
With the latest stretch goal ($22,000, can you believe it?) Blackguards is now open for 1-2 lucky authors to step into the lineup and be paid the same wages as the rest of the authors slaving away behind the scenes. Seriously. From now until OCTOBER 11th, 2014, you (yes, YOU!) have the opportunity to pen a tale for Blackguards. Here’s what you need to know:
- Deadline: October 11th, 2014
- The opportunity is open to EVERYONE regardless whether you’ve pledged to Blackguards or not.
- Theme: Grimdark, sword & sorcery, alternate history, etc. Must include either an assassin, mercenary, or rogue (i.e., thief, cutthroat, brigand, highwayman, etc.).
- Word Limit: 3,000-6,000 words (No more than that please.)
- Format: RTF, DOC, DOCX, double-spaced, in a legible serif (such as Times New Roman) Send To: publisher (at) ragnarokpub.com as a file attachment (replace (a) w/ the @ symbol, of course). The subject line is important! It should read: BLACKGUARDS SUBMISSION
- Limit one submission per author.
- No simultaneous subs.
- No reprints.
This is a paying gig. Professional rates (7-9 cents a word depending on where the campaign lands at close). Please don’t email and ask if editor Joe Martin has read your submission. He will choose the best 1 or 2 stories by OCTOBER 11th, 2014; if you do not hear from him by then, assume he still likes you very much and he likes your story, but he has chosen another that had a better fit for the book.
The winning stories will be announced shortly after.
Now on to our next goal.