PRESS RELEASE: UNFETTERED PUBLISHED IN UK/AUSTRALIA TODAY
Today, Orbit Books UK digitally releases UNFETTERED: TALES BY MASTERS OF FANTASY.
It’s a stunning and diverse collection of fantasy fiction from some of the biggest names in the fantasy genre – including Terry Brooks, Patrick Rothfuss, Peter V. Brett, Mark Lawrence, Naomi Novik, Kevin Hearne, Michael J. Sullivan, R. A Salvatore, Tad Williams, Lev Grossman and many others.
It also includes deleted scenes from Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson’s A Memory of Light, the final Wheel of Time novel.
The collection was gathered by Shawn Speakman, author and web guru for Terry Brooks. When Shawn fell ill back in 2011 and was unable to cover his medical bills, the fantasy community showed its exceptional generosity by stepping forward to help out. All of the authors involved were kind enough to donate their stories the collection to help him cover the costs – and what was produced is a truly wonderful anthology.
This is the first time UNFETTERED has been published in the UK, Australia and New Zealand, and our Orbit edition contains an extra bonus story from Shawn himself. Please see below for a list of all the stories included.
It’s available now at a special introductory price, and so it’s a great time to sample the fiction of some of the some of the best-selling and most critically acclaimed authors writing in fantasy today.
– Introduction: On Becoming Unfettered
– Imaginary Friends by Terry Brooks
– How Old Holly Came To Be by Patrick Rothfuss
– The Old Scale Game by Tad Williams
– Game of Chance by Carrie Vaughn
– The Martyr of the Roses by Jacqueline Carey
– Mudboy by Peter V. Brett
– The Sound of Broken Absolutes by Peter Orullian
– The Coach with Big Teeth by R.A. Salvatore
– Keeper of Memory by Todd Lockwood
– Heaven in a Wild Flower by Blake Charlton
– Dogs by Daniel Abraham
– The Chapel Perilous by Kevin Hearne
– Select Mode by Mark Lawrence
– All the Girls Love Michael Stein by David Anthony Durham
– Strange Rain by Jennifer Bosworth
– Nocturne by Robert V.S. Redick
– Unbowed by Eldon Thompson
– In Favour with Their Stars by Naomi Novik
– River of Souls by Robert Jordan & Brandon Sanderson
– The Jester by Michael J. Sullivan
– The Duel by Lev Grossman
– Walker and the Shade of Allanon by Terry Brooks
– The Unfettered Knight by Shawn Speakman
– The Twilight Dragon by Shawn Speakman (bonus story for UK edition)
To download your e-copy, visit your favorite online retailer. Or click HERE for a list of UK retailers!
7 thoughts on “The UK Unfettered Out Today!”
Guys, regardless of favoured genre or author, this book is an absolute must-have for anyone who loves the written word. Shawn has done a phenomenal job of getting some of the greatest living writers to come together and create a work that will last longer than any of us. Where else, for less than the cost of a couple of pints, can you immerse yourself in a dozen different worlds? I mean, come on – try it out, and discover entirely new realms that are out there, waiting just for you.
And as an aside, Shawn Speakman (the editor and part-contributor to this) might just be one of the finest, noblest and most humble men to ever have walked the planet. So stick it onto your iPad, Kinlde or whatever, and enjoy.
I assure you, it is money well spent.
Thank you for the kind words, Stuart! I’m proud of the book but prouder of those who helped me when I needed it most. And prouder still of all the readers, who have made the book one of the best anthologies this year!
This is a great book, I’ve ended up buying three copies so far, one hardback, one today from Kobo and one back during the original release via Amazon UK 🙂
I am so sad that I missed out on this book in hardback. I can only find super-expensive second-hand copies. Any plans for another release of it as an actual physical book?
I only just discovered it and I really want to have a copy of it! It contains works from some of my favourite authors. If no more copies, I might have to buy an e-reader just so I can download it!
From everything I’ve read, Shawn, you did a great job with this book and I can see from the list that you had some amazing contributors.
I hope that you have time to reply. Thank you in advance!
There are some copies back up on Grim Oak Press now. And I am planning a new edition of the book as well. Details coming soon!
Would love to know when you can buy this book in hardback or even paperback.
You can order the hardback from Grim Oak Press at http://www.grimoakpress.com.